Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013


It's always great to start the year off with a goal - here's a list of bookish goals, the topic for today's Top Ten Tuesday. The Broke and the Bookish host this weekly meme.


1. Read Our Own Tomes at librarything
There is a group at librarything that is setting goals and reading their own books they already own. The group activity at librarything is a lot of fun, although I imagine by hanging around there, I'll find even more books I want to read, practically defeating the purpose of the group.

2.  Participate in Orange January/July
The group at Librarything gets together and reads books nominated for the Orange Prize for Fiction (sorry, it's now called The Women's Prize for Fiction). Lots of great books, twice a year.

3. Ireland Reading Challenge
I signed up already for this challenge, as I have the last few years. I can usually read between 6 and 8 books, and I have several favorite authors from Ireland.

4. What's in a Name Challenge
Another challenge I've been participating in since the beginning. The topics are fun to look over and see what book titles will fit.


5. Series Goals Challenge
This worked very well for me last year, as I listed all the series I wanted to read more from. I got back into some old series I really enjoyed and got up to date on another bunch. Mysteries are my go-to favorite reads.

6. read a few more Classics  
Nothing crazy, and I'm not picking a number, but a few classic books would be good

7. Read the ten books I posted that I want to read (stole this one from Literary Feline)
I did this a couple of times last year as part of the Top Ten Tuesday lists, and it was a great idea.


8. Canadian books.
Does this even need to be a goal? But I like finding new Canadian authors to read.

9. More Non-fiction
Listening to non-fiction on my iPhone has been a great development. I enjoy non-fiction when I read it, and I read woefully few each year, even though I often enjoy them.

10. Giving up books when I am bored.
Not keeping reading books that are not interesting me more often. If I can't cross it off the list, too bad.