Tuesday, December 13, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I'm Looking Forward To For The First Half Of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish each week. This week's topic is Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To For The First Half of 2017

I wonder if this is meant to be about books that are coming out new in 2017. I never am really aware of any of these, except for ongoing series books, and most of those seem to come out in the fall. Instead, I've got old list books I have meant to get to, so these are books that I've been meaning to read for a long time, and hopefully will get to next year.

books in continuing series:
Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear (#12 in Maisie Dobbs)

Queen of Hearts by Rhys Bowen (#8 in Royal Spyness, plus #9, #10)
I'm hoping to get this series caught up in 2017

Oblivion by Arnaldur Indridason

books I'm waiting in line for:

A Man Called Ove  by Fredrik Backman (audiobook)

Before the Fall by Noah Hawley (audiobook)

backlist books by favourite authors:

Human Croquet by Kate Atkinson

Slammerkin and/or Landing by Emma Donaghue

How to Start a Fire or The Passenger by Lisa Lutz 

Glass Harmonica by Russell Wangersky

The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perotta

I'm looking forward to everyone elses' lists to see what great new books might be coming out in 2017.