Thursday, May 25, 2017

BOOK: A Tap at the Window by Linwood Barclay

A Tap at the Window by Linwood Barclay , 480 pages

Every now and then I like a good paperback suspense read and Linwood Barclay is who I turn to. His books, previously I've read Fear the Worst,  Too Close to Home, and No Time for Goodbye, are all the same with twisty, tight plots and realistic characters. His writing is very good, with little extra prose; I never feel like this could have been shorter. These would be excellent beach or travel books.

Here we have a private investigator from upstate New York dealing with the death of his teenage son from drug use/suicide. One night Cal picks up a girl who is looking for a drive and recognizes him as Scott's dad and while he knows it is not a good idea to drive a young girl, he wants to talk about Scott and maybe get new information. Things go weird with Claire and thus sets us off on the hunt for Claire. Cal is related to the police chief, and Claire is the mayor's daughter so everything is related. And that's the end of my informatioin because Barclay's books are all about the revelations and the search for answers.

I would always pick up a Barclay book at a book sale or from the library and know that I am getting a great suspense book!