Tuesday, September 19, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books on My Fall TBR List



The topic this week is the ever popular (to me) TBR list. Check out the Broke and the Bookish for more lists.




Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
Nonfiction, Marconi and a murder. Science and true crime - sounds like a winner!

This is Not My Life by Diane Schoemperlen
Canadian nonfiction, a Charles Taylor Prize finalist, 

Death by Black Hole and other Cosmic Quandaries by Neil deGrasse Tyson
I've got this one on my desk at school and I am trying to read one essay a day. I bet the title essay has the word 'spaghettification' in it

A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty
The last in a YA fantasy trilogy that is so different from any other book. I'm looking forward to the end of this world-travelling book.

The Queen's Accomplice by Susan Elia MacNeal
Finally, this appeared on my audio-library list. I'm #3 on 2 copies, so hopefully will listen to this one soon. The next book, The Paris Spy is also available, but I'll wait a bit to listen to that one

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
This is supposed to be a suspenseful read by Lutz; I've only read her humourous books thus far. Seems perfect for the RIP season

Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
I haven't been too interested in many of the Booker Prize nominated books, but I saw several rave reviews at Librarything for Home Fire; I've previously read Burnt Shadows by Shamsie

Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
I've been in line since June for this one. It has since been nominated and made the short list for the Booker Prize. I've listened to Saunders short story collection, Tenth of December, and this one also is supposed to be done well on audio.

Crows: Encounters with the Wise Guys of the Avian World by Candace Savage
Seems like a good fall book, this is a short, nonfiction book about those crazy crows

The Diviners by Margaret Laurence
A good, classic Canadian novel, Laurence has written some lovely novels and it is time to get to her most famous one.