Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reading Girl and it got me posting to my blog again. Two weeks in a row! This is a topic that I love as I love series. I like my police procedurals, some cozy mysteries, historical mysteries, or international mysteries. Here's a list of the series I am working on. I have a whole other list of series I am up to date/just have the latest one to read.
Present Series I am Working on:
1. The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion by Beth Brower (read 7 of 8)
- isn't everyone reading these? There's a reason - they are delightful!
2. Shetland (Jimmy Perez) by Ann Cleeves (read 3 of 8)
- I came to this series very late, but I love the Shetland setting. I expect to get BritBox at some point so I can watch the TV series
3. Detective Ari Green by Robert Rotenberg (read 3 0f 7)
- Imagine Law & Order, but set in Toronto. No, no the actual show, these books are from over ten years ago. Prosecutors, defense lawyers, police officers all in a super realistic Toronto. I continually go to Google Maps to see where things are happening.
4. Brighton Mysteries by Elly Griffiths (reading 5 of 7)
- This is my third Elly Griffiths series, set in the 1950s/60s Brighton area of England. I thought it was going to be more magic, but there isn't, to my relief. The two main characters were in a Magic Men unit during WW2.
5. Cal Hooper by Tana French (read 2 of 3)
- Can't go wrong with Tana French, and if she isn't going to write any more Dublin Murder Squad books, I'll take these about a retired American detective living in the countryside of modern Ireland.
6. Isabel Dalhousie by Alexander McCall Smith (read 3 of 16)
- After my trip to Ireland and Scotland, I revived this Edinburgh set mystery series. Easy reading, great location.
7. Agatha Raisin by M.C. Beaton (read 15 of 37)
- a little dated, a little foolish, more easy listening. Agatha is a middle-aged, retired PR executive, moving from London to the Cotswolds.
8. Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen (read 18 of 20)
- Set in the 1930s, around the time of Edward and Mrs Wallace, Georgie is a distant relative of the king and queen, and gets caught up in murders, with her fella, Irish lord Darcy. Ongoing romance and intrigue adjacent to the Royal Family.
9. Chronicles of Hugh de Singleton by Mel Starr (read 10 of 17)
- Interesting medieval mysteries, somewhat like Brother Cadfael, but the main character is a surgeon (doctor) who gets caught up in murders.
10. Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor (read 13 of 16)
- I've been having trouble locating some of the later books. My library doesn't have them yet. More easy listening, not mysteries, set in Ballybuckleboo, Ireland. Time passes in this series, so we see the progression over the series.
