Thursday, November 15, 2007

MEME: Booking Through Thursday


Today’s question comes from Conspiracy-Girl:I’m still relatively new to this meme so I’m not sure if this has been asked yet, but I’m curious how many of us write notes in our books. Are you a Footprint Leaver or a Preservationist?

I don't write in books, but not for any noble reason. I've never been a writer in books, it wouldn't occur to me to write anything. Probably because we didn't buy many books when I was growing up. We were library people. I think I'm too scared to write in a book, but I wish I was a person who did write in books.

I actually enjoy getting library books that have been written in, I find it interesting to see what other people thought was interesting enough to underline or write in. My copy of Galileo's Daughter from the library had been studied, and was underlined and annotated; I wanted to keep it, and buy another book for the library to have.

I think I am neither a Footprint Leaver not a Preservationist.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, you sound like a hybrid of the two! I'm a footprint leaver with the books I read for my book club, otherwise I leave them alone and don't mark them up. So I guess I'm a hybrid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a preservationist, but not a strict one. I do sometimes write in books, but usually only a simple notation to mark a spot.

    I find notes distracting, unless the book or person who left the notes is special to me. Then it can be quite enlightening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i get most of the books i read from the library. usually if i care enough a book to purchase my own copy, then i probably care enough about the content to highlight or put notes in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)