Tuesday, November 6, 2007

MEME: Nearest Book

I've seen this meme a lot of places and I've always wanted to do it. So I am.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

I had a little pile of books beside me and I couldn't pick one.

There was no tomorrow. - from Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho

"He's a pirate," said Kit, "a playhouse pirate." - from Cue for Treason by Geoffrey Trease

The sloughs were dry, their white beds glittering in the destroying heat. - from The Dog Who Wouldn't Be by Farley Mowatt

I am off to read the pile of mind-numbing 70 lab reports, which will all be essentially identical, some more identical than others. I would much rather be reading a good book.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see that someone is reading Cue for Treason - it was one of my favourite books when I young, though I was disappointed there weren't any groups of strolling players to run away with. I was thinking about it the other day (and wondering whether I still have a copy).

    Hope the reports weren't TOO grim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Cue for Treason when I was in school, maybe grade 9. It was such a great book, and a great intro to Shakespeare. Don't you think they copied a lot of Shakespeare in Love from that book?

    I survived the reports.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)