Saturday, November 3, 2007

SHORT STORY MONDAY: coming soon

Just letting you know, I'm hosting short story Monday this coming week. If you happen to read a short story, why not write a little reveiw and come here, and I'll put all the links together. I kept pretty much to the creepy theme during September and October, so I am hoping to branch off, and find some of those links that johnmutford at The Book Mine Set kept posting. He finds all finds of short stories on the internet, for free, and then posts about them. I've been intrigued, and imagine with the power of google, I can find some short stories of my own.

I'll bet there are some short reads at http://www.dailylit.com/ , a pretty cool little site that will deliver public domain books to your e-mail box, everyday. Then, as you read your emails for the day, you can read a book. Some take a long time, but many are shorter.

Or, if you are like me, you have a Norton's Anthology of Literature in your basement somewhere from University. I didn't take the time to enjoy assigned reading in those days, but there are a few short stories that still stand out, and could do with a reread.

If Hurricane Noel gets crazy here, we might lose power. If that's the case, now you know why I might not be around. You should still read a short story though, and post here if you have to. I'm sure I'll get internet connection back up at some point.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading Last Evenings on Earth by Roberto Bolano (for the NYT Notable Challenge), and I'm finding the stories intriguing. I'll try to remember to post something on the ones I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just started raining here. The wind picked up too. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)