Saturday, November 17, 2007

MEME: Twofer Things

I found this meme at literary feline's musings of a bookish kitty. I am trying to blog everyday on this adventure in reading, for that NaBloPoNo, which is some sort of sane response to NaNoWriMo and for the people who don't want to write a book, but want to be able to put cool letters smashed together on their blog. I didn't officially sign up, because I didn't want to put that pressure on myself, so I have only committed to do it in my head. Sometimes it's hard to come up with something new everyday. That's why meme's were invented - to have something to write, and to get to know people better. Here's me:


Two names you go by:
1. Mom - my children
2. Mrs MacAulay - my students

Two things you are wearing right now:
1. comfy fleece sweatshirt and pants. Who invented this new soft fleece? I love them.
2. contact lens. Only one though, I have monocular vision

Two of your favorite things to do:
1. reading
2. talking - on the phone, in the staff room, ...

Two things you want very badly at the moment
1. a spa weekend alone, with much wine and reading
2. to get organized around the house

Two favorite pets you have had/have:
1. I never, ever had a pet

Two things you ate today:
1. leftover ice cream birthday cake from last weekend
2. hot turkey sandwich with perfect diner fries, at lunch with my son at a local restaurant

Two people you last talked to:
1. my husband (thank you, the stew was delicious)
2. one of my three children at supper.

Two things you're doing tomorrow:
1. put up Christmas decorations
2. having lunch at my parents

Two longest car rides:
1. PEI to Ontario by way of the States. I was in grade 5
2. train ride from NS to Alberta, then drove from Calgary to Vancouver through the Rockies

Two favorite holidays:
1. Christmas. I know Christmas can be a bad, sad time for many people, but I live in a perfect bubble and Christmas is full of happy family memories and get togethers
2. Canada Day. We have an annual party we go to, and it means summer vacation has begun.

Two favorite beverages:
1. diet pepsi
2. Long Island iced tea

Just as a final note, the phrase "twofer", sounds so much like "two-four", which is slang for a 24 case of beer around here. That subliminal message has made its way to my head, and now I shall go have a nice, cold Corona, which didn't make the list of favorite beverages, but could have.

5 comments:

  1. I love the whole smashed up letters idea for participating in the blog a day month thingy. :-)

    A spa weekend would be so nice -- I need one of those too.

    I hope you enjoyed your drink! And thanks for playing along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wendy - it was fun questions to answer and easy for a Saturday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. These memes are so fun. I think I love NaBloPoMo just because people come up with so many memes to get their daily posts in.

    Wow, never had a pet! Are you allergic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dewey - my dad you never let us have a pet, and now, another creature to be responsible for just sounds like so much work. When it is a fight to get my daughter to brush her hair everyday! looking after a pet would just be one more battle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lot of fun to read. Mmm... and a hot turkey sandwich with fries sound incredible right now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)