Friday, December 1, 2017

#AMonthofFaves: [The 2017 Favorites Edition]




Fri. | Dec. 1 – – eg. to eat, drink, wear, smell, see, do, enjoy, best purchases, most used gift received etc, favorite concert, outdoor activity, place visited, most squee worthy moment of the year.

Clothes:
These Josef Seibel sandals in olive were my go-to fall back to school shoes. My feel love Josef Seibel shoes, and much like Mma Matsuki's shoes talk to her, my feet will tell me to buy the Seibel's when I try them on. please buy these! So I did. I still may be wearing them on days above zero degrees.


This cozy burgendy hoodie from American Eagle was a supposed to be a shared purchase with my daughter, but it matches everything and is super cozy and I wear it all the time. Not too heavy and with no writing on it, it's perfect.
My favourite store to shop for work clothes is Cazza Petite. Part of the appeal is that the store is not in my province, so getting there is a big treat, and I only get there a few times a year. They have crazy sales at end of season (70% off) and I stock up. I like that it is not a common store, that no students will be wearing the same thing, and that the clothes fit me so well, as I am only 5'2".



How about a margarita and taco on the deck in downtown Charlottetown? Yes, please! I didn't get there very often, but just knowing this darling restaurant was downtown waiting for me was enough. It really represents all of downtown Charlottetown and how wonderful summer is on PEI. Huge events like Divercity, Farm Day in the City, and Art in the Open are must attend events, and the weather this summer was perfect. Local artisans, cultures, products and foods eaten outside keep me buying local. The restaurant options available in a city our size is really incredible.
Speaking of buying locally, my favourite soaps are made in PEI from Moonsnail Soaps  a local shop downtown. When they combined with our favourite craft brewery, Upstreet, to make Upstreet soap, all my favourite local shops combined into one. I love PEI and the great businesses growing here.
It took me a few tries, but I settled on the Leuchtturm1917 for a daily journal. I'm not as consistent as I'd like, but I love the teal colour and the size, and the elastic wrap that keeps it together. Plus, Sharpie fine tip markers are so much fun.