Tuesday, January 22, 2019

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Meant to Read in 2018 but Didn't Get To



Another great list to start the year: the books I meant to get to last year. Or at the very least, books I became aware of last year. I'm trying to stick to books from last year if I can. Some of these I requested in 2018 but the library line, it be long. Check out That Artsy Reader for other lists, and for upcoming topics.



The Color of Bee Larkham's Murder by Sarah J Harris
I got this from a publisher and it looks interesting. A young boy sees things in color.


Elevation by Stephen King
King's recent books have been good. This latest one is a novella.



Run Hide Repeat by Pauline Dakin
I've heard Dakin on CBC discuss her strange childhood, and the mystery of what was going on with her mother. A true life mystery.


Death by Black Hole by Neil deGrasse Tyson
A book like this is practically professionally required for a physcis teacher


Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
Her list of books at the library is so long, but I want to read so many more. I thought I found this one soon after its release, but I still have another couple months to wait.


Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny
The lastest in the Three Pines mystery series with Inspector Gamauche. He is supposed to be retired, but....



Educated by Tara Westover
This has been on everyone's 'best of' list, and I haven't read any reviews that lessen the hype.


The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore by Kim Fu
I saw this one on a CBC list of recommended Canadian books,and it looks good.


Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
I really liked Edugyan's Half-Blood Blues, and Washington Black has been on many lists, including this year's Tournament of Books. Sometimes you can't resist the hype.


The Witch Elm by Tana French
I've been waiting for a new Tana French book, but it isn't part of her Dublin Murder Squad series so I am a little leery. Still, Tana French writes great books, so even though this is over 500 pages, I'll give it a try.