Tuesday, January 29, 2019

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Most Recent Additions to My TBR List


The Rooster released its Tournament of Books list in late December which provides me with the topic this week - Most Recent Additions to My TBR List. The tournament will take place in March, coinciding with basketball March Madness. Books and basketball - how perfect for me!

Last year I had read a number of the books and found following the tournament much more fun. I checked out the  new list and then cross-checked with my library and found quite a few that are relatively easy to get my hands on. What I like about this list is it gives me a somewhat vetted list of recent releases that I can try to read. There are so many new books released each year and I generally fall back on my mystery series' books so this keeps me current. And sometimes I find a real gem.

Check out That Artsy Reader for more lists and upcoming topics




Call Me Zebra by Azarren Vander Vliet Oloomi

Census by Jesse Ball

The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea

The Italian Teacher by Tom Rachman

The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner

The Parking Lot Attendant by Naficoto Tamirat

So Lucky by Nicola Griffith

There There  by Tommy Orange

Warlight by Michael Ondaatje

Washington Black by Esi Edugyan