Friday, March 21, 2008

BOOK: The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason

The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason

pub in '08, series challenge

I'm up to date in this series, but now I can't wait for the next one. This third book in the series continues after the big battle in the last book. Victoria, Max and Sebastian are all around and fighting vampires, but more importantly, their attractions to each other. I don't want to say too much, because I could be giving things away from the second book, but they are still in Rome, and the story is continuing fighting vampire leaders Lilith and Beauregard. This is a fun book, lots of vampire lore, and heaving bosoms. The plot races along, actually only covering a few days, but fast and furious. Victoria has the same stubborn streak she accuses Max and Sebastian of having, but she seems to be recognizing her attractions to each of them and realizing her power and intelligence.

A very cool part of this book was the acknowledgements including booklogged, bookfool and carl. How cool was that? I thought the books were a trilogy, but they most certainly are continuing, because this book ended at a point that I really want to know what is going to happen next. These books are a nice diversion, nothing too heavy but lots of escapism, romance and adventure.

And finally, my question is: are you a Max or Sebastian fan?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet. Just found my library has added it to the database and it's 'on order'.

    But I'm a Sebastian fan all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was cheering for Max until book 3 and now I'm confused. Now it's neck in neck. (Oh, that was bad, wasn't it?)
    After book 3 I liked Max less than I used to and Sebastian more, so I guess it's a tie at this point.

    Wasn't that the coolest thing about the acknowledgments. I was so thrilled. Still am. And honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole - hope you get your book soon. I like Sebastain too.

    suey - this book was the first where I could understand an attraction to Max

    booklogged - the coolest thing! This was the first book where I see that Max might be appealing, I was always a Sebastian fan, but now I'm confused, in a way completely opposite of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damnit I really should get around to this series. The fourth book is dur out later this year and I haven't even read the first yet argh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)