Thursday, December 22, 2011

CHALLENGE: Series Goals or The Ones I'm Targeting in 2012

Suziqoregon at Whimpulsive is a great blogger and she is always reminding me how much I like series by posting about her serial reading.  Now she is setting her goals for next year, and I am shamelessly copying her and her picture above. Thanks Suzi q!

I've got a few series I'd like to get up to date on, and a few I'd like to make a dent in their list.

Inspector Armand Gamauche by Louise Penny
The most recent release was in September, and I'd like to get up to date before the next one comes out.
A Trick of the Light
A Beautiful Mystery (August 2012) read in November

The Number One Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
I made a good effort this year, and it should be no trouble to finish up the last three books in this series. And now I see another will be released!
Tea Time for the Traditionally Built
The Double Comfort Safari Club review

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party
The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection ( April 2012)




Darko Dawson/ Inspector Montalbano/ Detective Erlendur
I'm up to date on my three favorite series, but if they release books, as I expect them to, I'm reading them!
Murder at Cape Three Points (Darko Dawson) by Kwei Quartey (2012) *never got released
The Age of Doubt (Inspector Montalbano) by Andrea Camilleri  (May 2012) read in July
Black Skies (Inspector Erlundur) by Arnaldur Indridason (July 2012)

The Dublin Murder Squad by Tana French
Faithful Place March 2012

Broken Harbour (June 2012)

The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
Revenge of the Spellmans
The Spellmans Strike Again
The Trial of the Spellmans (2012?)









Inspector Espinosa by Luis Alfredo Garcia-Roza
Only one of these that I have left to read may be available at my library.
Pursuit 
Blackout

Vish Puri by Tarquin Hall
I really liked the first book in this ongoing series, so let's stay on top of this one!

The Case of the Man Who Died Laughing  March 2012

The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken ( August 2012)







This next set of series will not get caught up, but I hope to make an effort in reading several in each.

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Pardonable Lies
Messenger of Truth
An Incomplete Revenge
Among the Mad
The Mapping of Love and Death

Phrynne Fisher by Kerry Greenwood
There's no way I'll get caught up, but I'd like to read another four or five from this quick moving series
Blood And Circuses  May 11
Ruddy Gore  May 26

Urn Burial
Raisins and Almonds
Death before wicket
Murder in Montparnasse
there's still another six!

Harry Hole by Jo Nesbo
Nemesis
The Devil's Star
The Redeemer
The Snowman
The Leopard





Martin Beck Crime series by Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall
4. The Laughing Policeman  4.5/5

5. The Fire Engine That Disappeared 4/5
6. Murder at the Savoy
7.The Abominable Man
8. The Locked Room
9. Cop Killer
10. The Terrorists

Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
Dexter in the Dark
Dexter by Design
Dexter is Delicious
Double Dexter