Monday, October 29, 2007

BOOK: Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman

Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
a collection of short stories

read for RIP II challenge, an extra challenge

I'm really tired, I called 25 parents tonight because I missed parent teacher interviews because I got my wisdom teeth out last week, and I still have a test to make up for tomorrow. On the plus side of getting my wisdom teeth out: I haven't eaten very much in 5 days, so my waist is happy, and I got a lot of reading done. Bad side: I would love a bowl of peanuts and crunchy vegetables and I am beat tired.

Review: a great collection of short stories, good to read a story about Shadow, he's a great character, best poem was one about a very bad day. Gaiman isn't quite on a level with Stephen King for me, but it was still a good read. The end.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I had mine out 2-3 years ago, and I think it took about a week or so to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I hope you are feeling better soon. I had to get my wisdom teeth out 2 weeks before my wedding!! I think I was so worried about the wedding that I didn't have time to feel bad about my teeth!! (of course, I wasn't eating anything anyway. Had to fit in that dress, you know!!)

    I loved this book! And I really loved the poem you mentioned. There were some GREAT stories. And a few mediocre ones as well. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's been years since I've actually read any of Stephen King's stories. Maybe I should go back and revisit some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate calling parents because you usually don't find many home. Hope you're healing up well from the wisdom teeth and can get back to eating 'real' food again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wisdom teeth and parent-teacher phone calls? Geez, what an insanely unfun day. Glad you at least had a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3m - thanks for the kind thoughts

    stephanie - before your wedding? ugh. I've got Lisey's Story waiting for me, I think I'm on a King kick again

    booklogged - I had incredible luck last night calling parents, less than 10 to go! I'm taking tomorrow off to rerest up - I think I went back too soon. I need to sleep and care for my mouth for a full day

    john - I paid for that day today - completely wiped out. It was a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)