Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BLOGGING: It's Tuesday, Where are You?



Still time to vote at Suey's for the latest Bookword. Go over and have your say.



It's time for Canada Reads 2010, and I've actually read all the nominated books this year. I was favoring Good to a Fault originally, but the more I've thought, and then having read this review of Nikolski by August, I am beginning to lean toward this charming little book. I must thank August for that, as the theory he proposed completely changed how I thought of the book, and the issues I had with parts of the book actually improved. Here's a side benefit of Canada Reads - I've found a new blog, with thoughtful, insightful reviews of lots of Canadian literature.

Too many people already love Fall on Your Knees; The Jade Peony was a lovely read that I've already forgotten, and Generation X wasn't my cuppa, but I love Douglas Coupland, and this book evokes such strong emotions, which counts for something. Good to a Fault can be runner-up.


In reading, I am in Africa, mid 1700s. I've just been kidnapped and am about to be sent to North America. (The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill)

Where is reading taking you today? Leave a comment, write a post, spread the word.