Friday, January 18, 2008

MEME: 8 Random Facts About Me

I got tagged at Valentina's to do a random meme. Well, the meme isn't random, it is random facts about me. Eight, I believe, is the number I'm looking for.


1. I like curling. I'm Canadian, right? I really like watching it on TV- the Brier, the Scott, the Worlds. And to actually curl is so much fun. You have to love a sport that you can hold a beer while playing. And it isn't so difficult that I can't participate once a year in our teacher's bonspiel and look respectable. I must make it perfectly clear: I'm atrocious at it, horrible even, but it's fun to pretend I'm Colleen Jones out there, chomping my gum, and yelling, Hurry hard!


2. I've never owned a pet. My dad wouldn't let us when we were little, and now I don't need one more creature to look after, especially one that doesn't get more independent with every passing day. We are trying to grow Sea Monkeys, although I think they all just died.


3. I love Green Curry Chicken from our local Thai Take-out. Most Sundays, when the family decides it's a good night to eat out, my husband and kids all suggest Subway, which is my cue to call Leo and order my curry. So yummy, but no one else here likes it.


4. I teach at the same high school I attended. I'm not a big person for change in my life. I married the man I met at 19, and I live in the same community I grew up in. I won't even tell you how old some of my shoes are.

5. I love shoes! My favorite shoes are the customized flip flops I had made for my feet on Capri two summers ago. My sister and I got them together, and if they ever wear out, I will have to go back to Capri to get another pair!

6. I can't be too warm. Maybe, that day on Mykonos when we walked around all afternoon, and there wasn't much shade, that day may have been too hot, but generally, I am always cold. I always have a blanket on me, I wear mitts from September to May, and flannel sheets, ditto.

7. I have had high blood pressure since I was twenty, and take medication for it everyday. It's a family thing I guess, lots of stokes in the family.

8. I have to read before I go to sleep, even if it is only for a few minutes. It just doesn't feel right if I don't.

Anybody want to play?

6 comments:

  1. I am so hard on shoes . . . They never last long around here. :-(

    I don't think I sleep as well if I don't read before bedtime myself.

    I do like the new look! I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always cold, too.

    CanadaBoy, my coworker, introduced me to curling two ways: One was through a movie called Men With Brooms, which I loved, and by arranging an outing for teachers and students to the only curling rink in South Korea...some famous old guy in Canada did the ice for this rink...he's famous for doing ice in curling rinks. The Koreans flew him here. Anyway, I find curling a charming sport both to play and watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wendy - thanks, you too

    bybee - it's a real science to make good ice. I haven't seen Men in Brooms, but I'd like to. Paul Gross is super cool.
    Curling is so much fun to play -I don't want to play a lot, or get any good, I just like playing once a year for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved reading this, especially number 4. And for number 7, my 25 year old daughter does, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also have to read myself to sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nan - our school nickname is raider, that's where my handle comes from

    alison - that doens't surprise me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)