Wednesday, December 31, 2008

BOOK: Lisey's Story by Stephen King

Lisey's Story by Stephen King, 656 pages

book awards: Bram Stoker, 2006; genre: horror

I haven't read a King book in quite a while, but this one was great and a reminder how great a story teller he is. All the usual King stuff is here: Castle Rock, Maine setting, writer character, catch phrases repeated, and a peak into the dark side of a world we don't see. This book is also about sisters and the special relationships that can exist in families.

Scott Landon was a famous writer who died. Two years later, his widow is having difficulty moving on, but part of that is because Scott has a job for her to complete and it involves saving her sister. The amazing world King has developed, over there, where we all go to the pool - for ideas, for words, for life-giving force, helps explain how crazy could be. It's pretty scary and so well explained that I almost believe this could happen.

2 comments:

  1. My favourite Stephen King book will always be The Green Mile. I have this book, though, and one of these days I am going to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my TBR list for awhile. I didn't realize it had won an award which means I could use it for a challenge. Thanks for the info and great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)