Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CHALLENGE: Orbis Terrarum Challenge update


1) What did you like about the challenge?
-I loved the map which kept track of our countries visited.
-I liked that it was country of author's origin which determined the country, not just setting. It added an extra level of difficulty for me.

2) What would you like to see change for next year?
Nothing, it was a blast.

3) About the rules, or the non-existent rules...did you like that?
What are you talking about? There were rules, tons of rules!
Read 9 books, link books, read more books, look up author's nationality, write a meme, whew - you kept me busy!

4) Are you going to join us next year?
'magine.

5) Pretty please give me any suggestions for changes, the betterment of the challenge, or just anything that you would like to see changed for next year.
Honestly Bethany, it was lots of fun, and you don't need to do more. I won a book, I read great books from around the world. Time length was good, I wouldn't want to commit to more books, 9 was plenty for me.

6) Would you like the challenge to be more involved? What if we read books together sometimes? Would that interest you?
It doesn't have to be more involved unless you are looking for more work.
Read together? Depends on the book and the time and if all the planets are aligned for me.

7) Would you be interested in helping somehow next year? How would you like to help?
Possibly, but again, it may depend on planetary alignment...


The list of my books, I added a few that I finished after I 'officially' finished:

  1. The Plague - Albert Camus (Algeria)
  2. A Case of Exploding Mangoes - Mohammad Hanif (Pakistan)
  3. Who Killed Palimino Molero? - Mario Vargas Llosa (Peru)
  4. This Blinding Absense of Light - Ben Jelloun, Tahar (Morocco)
  5. In the Country of Men - Hisham Matar (Libya)
  6. The Secret Scriptures - Sebastian Barry (Ireland)
  7. A Fraction of the Whole - Steve Toltz (Australia)
  8. Shadow Family - Miyuki Miyabe (Japan)
  9. The Snack Thief - Andrea Camilleri (Italy)
  10. Mister Pip - Lloyd Jones (New Zealand)
  11. Things Fall Apart - Chiua Achebe (Nigeria)
  12. Out Stealing Horses - Per Petterson (Norway)
  13. Voices - Arnaldur Indridason (Iceland)

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I may join this one in 2009. It looked like so much fun this year!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining, and for all the fun great reads and reviews you shared with us all!! I will be sure to incorporate your books in the list of reviews for this challenge :)

    Thanks also for doing the survey! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself this year, yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)