Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CHALLENGE: Orange January



I will probably join Jill and the rest of the gang for a read in Orange January. This project asks readers to read at least one book which won or was nominated for the Orange Prize. I read Night Watch by Sarah Waters in July and it was a great book, and such an easy little project to take on. The list of books can be found at the Orange Prize Project blog and you can join in on the project there as well.

In January, I hope to read one of the following:
The Road Home or The Colour by Rose Tremain

Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels

Poppy Shakespeare by Clare Allen
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

7 comments:

  1. I've got to get to Fugitive Pieces, but I'm planning to read it for the Canadian challenge. I want to read something by Rose Tremain, also. Can't wait to read your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fugitive Pieces is an excellent book - I think you'll enjoy it. I just wanted to stop by and let you know I received my Book Blogger Christmas Swap package - THANK YOU so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also got Fugitive Pieces to read for the Canadian challenge so I may fit that into January, I'm also going to try and read Small Island in January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bookfool - that's right, Fugitive Pieces would count as Canadian as well. They would both be new authors for me.

    heather - good to know about Fugitive Pieces.
    I'm glad the parcel got there so quick. The difference in postage for regular and express was about 50 cents. Crazy Canada Post. I'm glad you enjoyed the package. I was so excited to see you liked Vowell, as I read that book last year. Excellent book. Merry Christmas!

    katrina - it seems to be a unanimous decision for Fugitive Pieces. Small Island is on my horizon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am probably the only person in the world that just absolutely HATED Fugitive Pieces... The Night Watch was good, though, I agree with you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read The Colour for months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm probably going to read Fugitive Pieces as it counts for the Canadian Lit Challenge. I'm thinking of Larry's Party as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)