Sunday, December 14, 2008

CHALLENGE: Young Adult Challenge 2009



Guidelines for 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge hosted by J Kaye Books this year, taking over from Joy.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. (Click here to join!)
2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. You may list your chosen books any time during the year. Change the list if needed.
3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.
4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.

Here is my list of books I might get to:


2. Looking for Alaska - John Green
3. Book of 1000 Days - Shannon Hale
4. Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine
5. Specials - Scott Westerfield
6. Just Listen - Sarah Dressen
7. Twisted - Laurie Halse Anderson
8. 13 Reasons Why - Jay Asher
9. City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau + the sequels
- The People of Sparks - Jeanne DuPrau
10. Stargirl/The Library Card - Jerry Spinelli
11. Last Days of Summer - Steve Kluger
12. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
13. Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging - Louise Rennison
14. Skellig - David Almond
15. Wintergirls - Laurie Halse Anderson

9 comments:

  1. Have you read The Graveyard Book? That might be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined this one too. I'm hoping to overlap with my series challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twisted is excellent. So far I've loved everything I've read by Laurie Halse Anderson. And, after only one book by John Green I've got an author crush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. joy - no, I should get it for my 11 year old son.

    tink - Many of these will overlap other challenges. I find YA are quicker reads, but just as satisfying.

    bookfool - I read Speak this year and liked it. It's easy for me to get the YA books, at my high school library. Twilight is making the rounds in classes right now. And it's not the kind of book they can easily hide, it's a brick!

    suey - I got a few of those titles from your blog, especially the John Green. You and Dewey and bookfool have been gushing about him, so I must find out. You guys all have great taste in books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

    Awesome list! Did you know about the Cornelia Funke challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will so be joining in this one too!! The YAC challenge is one that i know I can definitely complete!!

    I read Twisted this year. Excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing this one too - you have some great ideas on your list, I may steal a few! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. j kaye - thanks for the welcome. I didn't know about a Funke challenge, I'll have to peek around.

    stephanie - I loved Speak, so I expect Twisted will be excellent as well.

    joanna - I got a few of my titles from alisonwonderland. She had a list of recomended YA titles, and several I've loved were there too, so I added some of her ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, so nice of you to visit.

(I'll try without the letters for a while - so please dont be a spammer! Let's try no anonymous users)